I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mr. Modi is probably the most stylish PM ever. And maybe it's the times we live in, NAMO (and his PR army) have carefully crafted an image that has not only made a million impressions, but also will last an eternity. Controversial political aside, the man sure knows how to promote indigenous weaves on a global level. The man (or whoever is styling him) sure knows how to make a big, bold style statement—EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. We are talking about tone-on-tone ensembles, sorbet-hued kurtas paired with contrast Nehru jackets, statement-y shawls, and, vintage sunglasses.
Here are 7 style lessons that you (and all of us) should learn from him:
1. A half-sleeve kurta in a sorbet shade might read simple on paper, but is actually a very fashion forward look. The PM wears it with white churidars and his signature black sandals, and you should too!
2. His 2009 Indo-pak camel ride outfit—a striped T-shirt paired with a formal suit—is still ICONIC!
© Thinkstock Photos/Getty Images
3. His (unusual) yellow and black golf look should be an inspiration to all golf lovers out there.
4. Groomed beard? Check. Neat Side-parted hairdo? Check. Tone-on-tone 'I-am-a-peace-maker' outfit? Check. Check. Check.
Brownie points for the '70s style vintage aviators
5. His boldest style statement ever, was a woollen midnight blue bandhgala with camel coloured 'NARENDRA DAMODARDAS MODI' woven into the fabric. Talk about bold pinstripes!
6. A white-on-white-on-white ensemble that is definitely not for the faint of heart is ageless.
7. Take cues from the PM, and invest in a lapel-less blazer (big trend!). Style it with vintage sunglasses and a groomed beard. Because it's 2016 and a messy (translation: dirty) beard is not acceptable.