Ronaldo has the best physique among his counterparts in the sport and is one of the best athletes in the world. His day begins with a team practice session that lasts for about 3-4 hours, which includes football drills, HIIT drills, sprinting and weight training exercises.
Ronaldo trains in the gym for 4 days/week. His lifting routine primarily focuses on enhancing strength, speed and a little bit of hypertrophy. This type of training is extremely beneficial for athletes.
Here are six tips that can help you in getting a body similar to that of the Juventus star:
1) Focus On Nutrition: For your body to look jacked, you need to get rid of excess body fat. To get rid of it, get into a state of calorie deficit. A calorie deficit is when you consume fewer calories than is required to maintain your current body weight. Lower body fat is required to showcase your muscles. For most guys, this is 7 to 10% body fat.
2) Pick A Sport: Sports can really help you to in staying active. Pick any sport whichever you like and enjoy it 2-3 times per week.
3) Lift Weights: Weight training is the base to look jacked like Ronaldo. Weight training has various benefits like improving your concentration, building muscle, burning fat, improved sex life, less risk of injury, etc.
Hit the gym 3-4 days in a week and be consistent with it. Incorporate compound movements and isolation movements. Learn the motor-skill pattern to build your core strength.
Full body movements like the squat, the bench press, the deadlift or the overhead press engage and train your core. Implement big movements properly in your training plan so that you can lift heavy overtime and gain a good amount of muscle.
4) Cardio- Doing some cardio will not hurt your gains if you take care of your nutrition. Cardio can help you to condition your physique, however, cardio can also be a problem if you do too much of it.
You can do any form of cardio like HIIT (high-intensity interval training) or LISS (low-intensity steady state).
5) Sleep- Your body will never show signs of improvement if your sleep pattern is not on point. What do I mean by this?
You need to get at least 6-7 hours of deep sleep. A good range is 7-8+ hrs for better recovery outcomes. Some might require more than 8 due to their genetics and stress. If you are not able to get at least 6 hours then you might face sleep deprival effects.
6) Supplements- Supplements can really help you fill the gaps. You don't have to take a ton of it and especially not bullshit ones like BCAAs, fat burners, testosterone booster, etc.
In fact, I would suggest you take the effective ones like:
1) Whey Protein- Whey protein is more of a convenience food which can help you to fulfil your protein gap. Mostly required by vegetarians and vegans who find difficult to complete their protein intake per day.
2) Creatine- Creatine can help you to look fuller overall. It also helps you to increase strength and lean body mass. 3-5g/day intake is sufficient.
3) Caffeine- Caffeine is a stimulant which can help you boost your mood before any intensive work. It boosts your performance in the gym and helps you do more work in a short time. A couple of shots of black coffee will do the magic.
To achieve Ronaldo's physique you have to be consistent, disciplined and dedicated.
Yashovardhan Singh is an online fitness coach with www.getsetgo.fitness, an online fitness platform. Along with lifting weights and building his physique, he is also a motorbike enthusiast, an animal lover. You can connect with him on Instagram or drop him an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.