In a video that is set to send shock waves across the globe, star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo can be seen dancing with rape accuser Kathryn Mayorga, reportedly from the same night in 2009.
The former model has allegedly claimed that Ronaldo sexually attacked her at his Las Vegas penthouse suite next door.
The Sun got its hands on the mobile phone footage from the now-defunct Las Vegas nightclub Rain, at the Palms Hotel and Casino. The recording is claimed to be from the night that Mayorga claims the Juventus star sexually attacked her.
At the time the video was taken, Mayorga worked as an in-house nightclub dancer. The duo can be seen dancing intimately and sharing jokes with each other in the video. She alleged that the former Real Madrid and Manchester United star attempted to rape her later that night, when they proceeded to the suite number 57306 at the palatial tower in the US city.
Ronaldo and Mayorga dancing (Source: The Sun)
However, she reportedly went on to apologise and described him as 'usually a gentleman'. The case seemed to have been hushed up, until recently, when Mayorga decided to overturn a non-disclosure agreement she had signed after the alleged incident.
She described the accusation as 'rape' in her interview with German media outlet Der Spiegel, though the legal papers have labelled the allegation as sexual assault.
Ronaldo, 33, issued a response earlier this week, saying, "I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in," Ronaldo said.
"Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense. My clear conscious will thereby allow me to await with tranquillity the results of any and all investigations."
October 4, 2018
His current club, Juventus has come out in support of its marquee player, who they had signed before the 2088/19 season kicked-off.
“Cristiano Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus,” the defending Serie A champions said on Twitter.
“The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago, do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion.”
The club also posted a video, on their social media channels, from the training grounds where Ronaldo can be seen training with his teammates at the team's Continassa centre in Turin for Saturday's league game against Udinese.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) on Sep 19, 2018 at 3:56am PDT
On the other hand, CR7's sponsors Nike said they are 'deeply concerned' by the controversy surrounding their star client. He is reportedly one of the three players that the sports giant has offered a lifetime deal.
EA Sports, for whom Ronaldo is a leading figure in their phenomenally successful FIFA video game market, also described the allegations as 'concerning'.
“We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA's values,” the group said in a statement.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) on Aug 21, 2018 at 10:56am PDT
The lawyers for Mayorga state that their client remains consistent in her allegations, that have been detailed in a 32-page lawsuit filed last month with a district court in Nevada.
Mayorga, 34, alleges that the father of four then dispatched a team of "fixers" to obstruct the criminal investigation and trick her into keeping quiet for $375,000.
The five-time Ballon d' Or winner has 20 days from the date of the lawsuit to respond. He missed Juve's midweek UEFA Champions League fixture through suspension, but is set to return for the Serie A fixture over the weekend.